Celebrating the fun and wackiness of crossover couplings. Do you enjoy the thought of Buffy Summers (BtVS) dating Jack O' Neill, or maybe thoughts of Phoebe Halliwell pairing off with Hermione Granger are fun for you. Whatever your poison, this is the place to post and share all of your crossover 'shipper fic. All fandoms welcome, all pairings welcome, and the community is slash friendly. Just mind the rules, and above all, have fun.
1. This list is dedicated to crossover couples. For the sake of clarity, Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel pairings are not considered crossover couplings. (Neither are any pairings from shows in a similar vein, such as Law & Order/Law & Order: SVU.) The purpose of this list is to have fun and explore crossover couplings between different fandoms.
2. NO FLAMING It's immature, it's juvenile and IT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. If you don't like a pairing or an idea, then very simply, don't read the fic. Constructive Criticism is allowed however. Therefore, be warned. If you can't handle constructive criticism, then reconsider posting your fic. Constructive criticism is different from flaming, so please make yourselves aware of the difference.
3. As stated in the community description, ALL types of fic are welcome here including slash and femslash. If you don't like that type of fic, or are easily squicked, then don't read it. As long as it's fan fiction, then it's welcome. Only one caveat: Real People Fiction and RPS are off-limits.
4. Sex in fan fic. Sex in fan fic is a sensitive subject, and this is somewhat of a gray area considering the (sometimes) age of the characters involved. While it's a sad state of our society, it is true that children as young as ten are having sex, I think that to be safe we will avoid that type of thing on this list. If characters are going to be involved in consensual sexual activities, let's assume that they are at least sixteen years old.
5. NO RAPE FIC or CHILD ABUSE FIC of any sort unless it is absolutely necessary to drive the plot (ie, a "necessary evil.") For example, in Maya Angelo's novel, "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings," her rape as a young child was a focus of her life and central to understanding the future choices that the author made; however, the rape was not glorified or put there simply for the sake of writing.
There will be NO RAPE FIC that is used as a recourse to get two characters into bed. If Character A rapes Character B, Character B will not find comfort in the arms of Character C. Rape is a violent, horrible crime and is not to be glorified in any way. EVER.
6. When posting a fic, please label it as such with the following in the subject line:
[FIC] Title, chapter#/total#*, rating, content**
*Use "??" if you are unsure as to how many parts a fic will have. Or, alternately, you may simply label it simply as Incomplete or as a WIP.
**Content simply means whether your fic is slash (m/m), femslash (f/f), het (m/f), or gen (non-pairing specific).
Example 1: [FIC] The First Cut, 1/1, R, Gen
This makes it much, much easier to add the fic to the memories at a later date.
7. Fan fiction of ANY rating, G through NC-17, is accepted as long as the fic is CLEARLY LABELED as such.
8. Fic is to be posted with the following header:
Title: This is My Fic Author: Fic Writer Email: email@example.com Fandoms: Buffy, Highlander Pairings: Xander/Amanda Rating: R Warnings: Bondage Summary: Xander meets Amanda.
9. Also, if there is any content that others might find offensive or objectionable (character death, bdsm, etc) that also needs to be CLEARLY STATED in a "warnings" section of the fic headers, BEFORE the actual fic itself.
10. FIC Challenges and requests are welcome. However, if it seems as though challenges and requests are being posted but not responded to or answered, this rule may be removed.
11. Use an lj-cut tag when posting fic. I can not stress this enough. If you don't know what an lj-cut is, or how to use one, check here.
This community is moderated by fikgirl. If there are any questions, feel free to email her at chelesedai at gmail dot com, or via the email listed in her Livejournal.